For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, All England Gas Services Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
(A) Personal data we may collect about you
When you take out an agreement with us we will obtain personal data about you, such as but not ex-clusively your name, address, email address, telephone number, when you complete the online ap-plication form as well as other information that you disclose to us.
When you make an online application, we may retain this information so as to provide you with a quality service. In most cases the information will be retained to allow you to review and mange your own information.
(D) How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data for other purposes which include:
- to help us identify you and any agreements you hold with us
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling
- marketing–see ‘Opting out’ below
- credit scoring and credit checking
- security vetting
- improving our services
We will not store your credit card details.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
(F) Credit checking
To enable us and other companies in our group to make credit decisions about you and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
(G) Opting out
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you, unless you have asked us or them not to do so, by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message or email about products, services, promotions which may be of interest to you.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services)
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Opting out’ section above.
- credit reference agents
(H) Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance and training.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org
(K) Your rights
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee of All England Gas Services Limited to re-quest access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10.00 made payable to All England Gas Services Limited
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details)
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to (address) with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg username, team name, and e-mail ad-dress)
(L) Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an e-mail to:email@example.com or you can write to us at Lakeside House, Kingfisher Way, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 3NB or call us on 0845 2693649.